Sunday, April 11, 2010

January - March 2010

Ary playing with Grandma Scriven. Ary likes to put things through the cat door and watch them roll down the stairs - March 2010

Grandma Scriven took these pictures. All of Ary's faces cracked us up.




















Playing with Great Grandma Atkinson - Colorado Springs March 2010








"I like watches Grandma Atkinson!"


Aryanna always wants her shoes off, even when it's cold outside. It looks like she is trying to convince Grandma Atkinson of this. Notice in the picture above she has one shoe off.

Ary playing with Granny Ann in Estes Park, CO - end of February 2010



Making macaroni with Granny Ann on vacation.



Amy in the kitchen at cabin in Estes Park. We (Ary, Amy, Rodger and Granny Ann) took an extended weekend.


Extra bedroom. The place was really cute but there was no heat when we got there. The owners were there and were frantically working on fixing it. Thankfully they had a small guest house. Rodger and Ary hung out there while mom and I (Amy) took a tour of the Stanely Hotel.


Bathroom. This tub looks really nice but it was actually really, really gross!!!


Master bedroom. After Mom and I got back from the tour the owners said that the heat was now working so we were really happy.



Bedroom Granny Ann stayed in. It looks like there are logs on the wall but it's just wallpaper!


Living room. We tried to use the fireplace but could never get it to vent properly. After enduring a bunch of smoke and smelling like a campfire we finally gave up but it was fun trying.


Rodger in the living room trying to read the book to figure out how the DVD player worked.

Stanley Hotel.

Mom on the porch of the Stanely hotel.

The Stanely Hotel is what inspired Steven King's "The Shining"

This stair case was part of the haunted tour - they said there was something weird about it when you took a picture. It was dark so we had to use a flash.

If you look closely you can see that they wrote "Red Rum" at the top of the staircase....ha, ha...


This was the hotel room that Steven King stayed in. He hasn't said much about his stay there except that he had weird dreams.


This is the interior of the lobby. All of the dark "wood" is not really wood. "The Shining" mini series was filmed at the hotel and at that time it was all white wood. The producers did not like the white because it didn't look spooky enough and replaced it with plaster and painted it to look like wood. I know it looks real!

The hotel had to sign a contract that stated that they could not change the lobby back to it's original form until there is no longer interest in "The Shining" - how abstract is that?!

Back patio of hotel.


Outside house


"Granny Ann your lunch is so good I don't miss Momma and Daddy at all!"


House from street.

Ary in snow outside of Estes Park house.









"I'm ready to go!"

"Thanks for the great birthday presents Granny Ann!"

"Bear you need to drink more milk!"

While Mom took care of Ary Rodger and I went snowshoeing for his birthday.



This is Rodger standing in the middle of the lake. It was just as beautiful as some of the places we saw in New Zealand.
Rodger, Aryanna and Amy - Estes Park
Granny Ann and Ary - Estes Park
The second night at the house we kept noticing the lights flickering and then we realized that the heat had never kicked back on since the morning. So, we ended up having to leave early. It worked out fine though because we had done all that we had come to do and were ready for our own beds. Plus we were refunded one night stay and so we saved the money!
Cooper's Birthday. Cooper, Dillon and Hayley.

Dillon's Birthday.

"I'm a princess!"



"Wow these wings are cool Granny Ann!"








Sledding with my cousins and Grandma and Grandpa Scriven


Amy, Laura, Karla, Ary, Dee and Hayley


Ary was pretty fearless and kept wanting to go down the hill.


We got a good workout carrying her back up because walking up the hill didn't last long!

"It's my party and I can cry if I want too...who said I was too little to touch the candle????"

"Hmmm...where to begin..."









"Nothing like a chocolate chip cookie after a piece of cake!"


"Whoo hoo a new bike for my birthday! Thanks Grandpa Kent and Grandma Cindy!"
We bought Ary a monkey suit and then she has a monkey puppet on her hand that Uncle Brad and Jenni gave her which matches perfectly.




"Who need presents? I have a bag..."





"Uhhhhh...I think it's a bit to small for you cousin Cooper!"






"Yeah, I've been wanting a shopping cart! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Scriven!"


Playing outside with cousin Dillon.Rodger and I put up drywall (Rodger doing most of the work as always) in the garage and made an extra place for Ary to play during the winter. Rodger built a hanging shelf above the garage door so that we could put everything up off of the floor. We now have a baby proof garage. No small feat!
"I'm too short to reach the microwave but I improvise."
Ary's outfit makes the garage look cold. We actually put a space heater out there and with the living room door open it's pretty warm. Ary just likes to wear hats.

When it's warm outside but we don't feel like going in the backyard we can open the garage door and put a gate up to let in more light. The pool that Ary is sitting in we actually use as a sandbox.

No comments: