
As some of you know our nephew Dillon (Rodger's sister's son) had a heart transplant as a toddler. At the end of June he and the rest of the family met the mother (Jen), of the little girl, (Alex), whose heart Dillon now has. Alex was killed in a tragic car accident. We will forever be grateful to Alex and her family for donating her heart. Because of Alex's decision to donate her organs and Jen's willingness to follow through Dillon is a normal young man who is now only on one medication. God's grace is amazing indeed.

Jen & Ken are riding across country on trikes to raise awareness for organ donation. At the first meeting everyone was able to try out their trikes. (Dillon & Cooper).

I don't have many pics of this day that are not of Ary because I didn't want to intrude too much on the day. Rodger and I were very happy when Brandon and Laura invited us. Everyone was pretty nervous but it worked out great and we all went out to eat afterwards.

This picture is from Jen & Ken's blog. I thought it was so cute! The link to their blog is
http://kenandjennc.blogspot.com/. It chronicles their journey across country and Jen writes some touching things about her first meeting with Dillon. If you are looking for a cause to donate money please don't hesitate to help them out.

Ary couldn't ride the trikes herself but eveyone was nice enough to give her a ride. She loved it! (Ary & Dillon)

This is a picture that I think Jen took. At one point Ary fell off the trike but didn't seem to care and got right back on. You can see her chain 'tattoo' in this picture. Way to go tough girl!

(Brandon & Ary in pic) Rodger, Jen, Ken, Ary & I hung out together the next weekend. Rodger and I were so thankful that they were willing to meet with us again to have a chance to chat and learn more about each other. It was a huge blessing and will be a fond memory forever.

Rodger & Ary

Hayley & Dillon. Hayley couldn't ride either but of course found a way. Smart girl!

The news stations did a story about Jen & Dillon meeting for the first time. I lifted this pic from Jen's blog as a place holder as we were not there. It's wonderful footage. Dillon decided to give Jen one of his medals from the transplant games. Here is a link to the news clips. They are short and neat to see.
http://media.vmsnews.com/MonitoringReports/070910/324530/Y015899051/
No comments:
Post a Comment