Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Summer Fun - Julyish

We are attempting to potty train Ary this summer. Maybe this is why it's not working so well... Our sitter, Elizabeth, suggested today using cake as a reward as Ary seems to be obsessed with cake. If she sees it in a book she will pretend to give us a piece. This afternoon we told her that she could have a piece of cake (I found tee-tiny cupcakes with sprinkles, soooo cute) if she went to the potty. She ran for the potty and peed. We'll see how long it lasts!
We drove down to visit some friends from Kansas who were camping at Monument Lake, it's south of La Veta by the Spanish Peaks on our way to visit Rodger's folks in Garden City. The spot was so beautiful. This is Ary and Mia.


Mia, Ary, Vance and Amy. Ary loves boats now and insisted on climbing in. We wanted to take her on a paddle boat but it had just rained and they were water logged. She kept trying to get in them on the dock so we had to make her get off so that she wouldn't take a 'swim.'



Thanks to my boss Cheri who suggested this amazing travel potty that also doubles as a toilet seat we were able to potty train during our trip. I think this is one we will save for her wedding video...


This is a free water park in Colorado Springs. The water is cold but the views are wonderful and Aryanna had a lot of fun with Rodger who kept getting sprayed by some kids.









I always joke about living a double life since I travel for work. Rodger and Ary only see me in jeans and shorts. On this day I actually had to go into the campus so I had to wear business clothes. This is the first time Ary has seen my high heels and she insisted on wearing them. She did a great job walking and had a lot of fun in them."See I told you I could walk in these! I bet I could even run..."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so cute! cora calls my high heels my "fancies".
~Scarlet